Top 10 Vegetables and Salad to grow
17 . 03 . 21
There is nothing quite like growing your own vegetables – whether you have a garden, a balcony or a few pots or containers. If you haven’t ‘grown your own’ before it can appear a little daunting but it really doesn’t need to.
To get you started please find below a top 10 list of vegetables and salad crops that are good ones to start with. This has been put together by one of our seed suppliers, Thompson & Morgan and features varieties that we sell instore, along with a much wider selection.
- Salad leaves – Speedy Mix, Nice ‘n’ Spicy Mix, The Good Life Mix
- Radishes – French Breakfast 3, Rainbow Mixed
- Potatoes – seed potatoes
- Peas – Meteor, Eddy
- Spring Onions – White Lisbon, Performer
- Broad Beans – Masterpiece Green Long Pod, Express
- Runner Beans – Hestia
- Onions and Garlic
- Tomatoes – Suncherry, Sweet Million, Gardeners Delight
- Beetroot – Boltardy and Boldor
For further supporting information about when to sow each crop visit here:
Advice is always on hand instore from the Rosebourne team.