Making Cress Heads
26 . 03 . 21
What you need
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cress seed (available from Rosebourne)
- 2 x balls of cotton wool
- Felt tip pen
How to make your cress head character
- Carefully remove the tops from the eggs, leaving the bottom two-thirds of the shells intact
- Empty the shells and wash them out.
- Decorate the shells however you like with felt tip pens and leave to dry.
- Dip the cotton wool balls in water and shake off any excess. Place 1 ball inside each shell, then sprinkle 1 tsp cress on each.
- Leave in a dry, well-lit place, such as a windowsill and after a few days you will notice your cress will start to sprout.
- After about a week, your cress heads will have lots of green hair and it can be snipped and used in either salads or to make your egg sandwiches a lot more exciting!